Negros Occidental Day 2: Lakawon Island
'Tis the season to be jolly, fat and broke!
Where did the time go?! And here I am posting about a trip that happened two months ago HEHE. I know, I know I have no excuse for this. It's just that I've been seeing some beautiful places and meeting new people lately which I will tell you about some other time. For now, let's go back to Negros Occidental shall we?
Recap: Me & my friend Marla wanted to get away from Manila so we decided to book a flight to Negros Occidental. Our first day was spend down south in Sipalay City where we enjoyed Tinagong Dagat and watched the sunset in Perth Resort.
On our second day, we went straight to the North to explore the infamous Lakawon Island. I have been seeing this island a lot on my Facebook feed and we both knew we had to see what the rave is all about for ourselves. So a few butt aching bus/jeep/trike rides later, we have arrived in the port going to Lakawon Island.
Mishaps Before landing to Lakawon Island:
1. We were the only ones going to Lakawon so we had to pay for the boat rent.
2. There were tents in Lakawon island - but they were canopy tents. So we had to book ourselves a cottage which had a promotion (1000 php off) that time because it was raining all day we couldn't afford to drown our gadgets away!
3. There were no promotion for cottage after all so we had to haggle the staff on the island to let us stay in the cottage at a lower price! Thank goodness one of the staff , Ate Florence, was kind enough to accept our haggling price. LOL.
after a few mishaps and haggling episodes later, we have finally reached our destination!
- If you want to experience Lakawon Island, better go in groups during off peak season so you can have the island for yourselves at an afforable price.
- BRING YOUR OWN TENT for that 5 billion star experience!
- You can ask the waiters to store your food in the fridge and heat it up the next morning because you know budget budget rin.
Now was it worth it?
Final verdict: nope not really but it was worth the try since we were after the experience. We definitely had a few laughs because of our mishaps and misadventures going here!
Stay hungry, stay foolish and travel on!